LIKE Facebook

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's what I WANT, not what I NEED

...for now anyways :) I've been patiently waiting to buy the Canon G9 ever since I laid my eyes on it last year! A big and heavy DSLR camera is not always practical, especially when going on trips/vacations and a night out in town. I want an alternative so I don't have to lug around my Canon 5D, but still shoot in RAW format so I can manipulate and post process my photos. I cringe everytime I use my power shot SD400 when I'm carrying a point and shoot camera :( I rather not take pictures than to use that piece of junk, cuz I end up hating the picture quality anyway!

Here's what I WANT: Canon G9 with 12.1 MP and 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom


Isn't this a beauty?



The next purchase I would LOVE to have is the Canon 580EX II with more power and light, in comparison to my Canon 430EX. Auggie Chang says one flash is not enough...tell that to my husband! -----PURCHASED!!!!!!-----


***********************EDIT***********************

The lastolite umbrellabox, another addition I would like to add to my photography gear for studio lighting! -----PURCHASED!!!!!!-----



***********************EDIT***********************

Girls, forget the designer handbags! This is where I spend all my money--CANON gear! By the way, my birthday is coming up in March :) *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need the 580EX II immediately... I am starting to take pictures (portraits & high key) in my home...

I need more power and I need a course in lighting.

I need the umbrella lastolite and I can't control myself but I think I am going to purchase a Louis Vuitton bag this weekend over all those things.. AARGGH!!!

Just joking!!!

Anonymous said...

i've been eyeing the G9 too since i saw the G7!!! did you get it yet? it's so sexy.

for sure i'll get it next month since my niece is coming to visit, i need a good camera! hey any recommendations on a good flash for it? i want one that you can buy a spiral extension cord to (know what i mean?), so it doesn't sit in the flash shoe, but i can just hold it at different angles?