LIKE Facebook

Monday, July 14, 2008

Baby Charlize: 10 months



Charlize is not just another ordinary baby to me, and here's why:

I vividly remember the morning of September 5th, 2007, when my husband and I were sleeping and he received a phonecall at 6:30 AM from our friend Jason, "Hey man, the water broke". Randy was still in deep sleep and he was all confused. At first, he was wondering why Jason would call for a plumbing emergency when Jason has his own construction company -- he clearly would know what to do!

Nervously on the phone Jason says, "No, Nancy's water broke"

That's when Randy handed the phone over to me because he realized they weren't having a plumbing crisis and they wanted some advice from me!

After Nancy was admitted to the hospital, Randy and I decided to visit them in Labor & Delivery -- the unit where I work. When my charge nurse saw me, she asked if I had come in early to work. I told her it was my day off, and I was just there to see my friend who was in labor.

My charge nurse said to me, "Since you're here and we're short of nurses, would you like to pick up a shift? You can be your friend's labor & delivery nurse, that would be perfect!"

I thought about it for a moment, and then I agreed after having Nancy's approval. I wanted to make sure that my friend wouldn't feel akward with me being her nurse because my type of work is pretty intimate and personal.

At 1:17 AM on September 6th, 2007 baby Charlize was born into the loving hands of Jason and Nancy. The room was filled with tears and joy, and I was so honored to be a part of their birthing experience!

Here is a picture that I took of Charlize when she was only 5 days old. She looks so precious!


You might remember Charlize's red egg ginger party,
http://ckamphotography.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-post.html

Before I go off on another tangent, I wanted to share some recent pictures that I took of Charlize over the weekend.




Playing peek-a-boo!




No comments: