LIKE Facebook

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Playing with Textures



For the longest time, I wondered how various photographers could get their pictures looking a certain way with their post processing techniques. Specifically, I admired the look of textures when incorporated into a photo. Well, this morning I basically had two options:

1) I could choose to sleep early because I just came home from a night shift

...or...

2) I could satisfy my wonders, and learn how to play with textures on my photos!

It's a no brainer that I chose the latter! With a bit of patience, a bit of time, and a bit of imagination, these are what I came up with:


Before


After
Photobucket


Here's another one...


Before


After
Photobucket

I personally like the re-vamped photos because I think it adds a specific mood to the overall feeling of the photographs. So tell me whether you like it or dislike it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the edited photos too.
I've never been a fan of the whole scratched look, but these examples are nicely done... especially with the vignette.
The texture adds to the picture rather than owning it.

eTinuviel said...

I like them. It kinda adds authenticity...

Anonymous said...

these look awesome, you have to teach me a thing or two cathykam. i've never been into mucking around in photoshop, but always am in awe of how people layer these backgrounds.